Motorcyclists are among some of the most vulnerable individuals on the road. Unlike other motorists, a bike does not offer any coverage or protection, which is why motorcycle accidents frequently result in catastrophic injuries. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, there are some steps you should take in the aftermath, which we will review here.
What to Do Next
Much like what you would do after any other motor vehicle accident, there are some steps you should take after a motorcycle accident.
Here are some steps you should take:
- Exchange information, including names, insurance information, phone numbers, and license plate numbers.
- Contact the police to file an accident report.
- Document the scene by taking pictures of your surroundings and noting the conditions of the road, posted speed limits, and weather.
- Talk to witnesses at the scene and be sure to get their contact information.
- Do not apologize or admit fault. Doing so may jeopardize the success of your case and your ability to obtain fair and just compensation for the injuries you sustain.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident and provide all the information you collected.
- Go to the hospital or see a doctor as soon as possible, regardless if you feel injured. Not all injuries immediately produce symptoms, so seeking medical attention now will help protect your health and the future of your personal injury claim.
- Do NOT talk to an insurance adjuster, not even your own. Curtis Wlaton Law will communicate with them on your behalf.
An important step is you should not neglect is to contact an experienced attorney to discuss the details of your case and assess how to move forward. A knowledgeable attorney can advise you of your rights, options, and create the tailored solutions you need to obtain the fair and just compensation you are entitled to.
Schedule a Case Evaluation with One of Our Personal Injury Attorneys Today to Get Started!
If you sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, you should not hesitate to retain skilled legal counsel to smoothly navigate your case. At Curtis | Walton Law, our experienced team will do what it takes to protect your interests and reduce your stress during this overwhelming and difficult time. We understand the challenges motorcycle accident victims face, which is why we are committed to providing personalized attention and customized solutions.
Reach out to our law firm today at (720) 815-4402 to request a consultation with a member of our team to get started on your case.