Littleton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Securing Compensation for Pedestrians Injured in Car Accidents in Englewood & Surrounding Areas
An alarming number of pedestrians are injured or killed on roadways in Colorado and across the county. According to the Colorado Department of Transportation, 90 pedestrians were killed in 2018 and thousands more are injured every year.
Nationwide, pedestrian fatalities in 2018 were at the highest number since 1990. If you or a loved one was injured or killed, the Littleton pedestrian accident lawyers at Curtis | Walton Law offer skilled, compassionate, and competent legal representation.
When you are ready to discuss your pedestrian accident case, call (720) 815-4402 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Whether you live in Littleton, Englewood, or somewhere else, we can help! You can also request to have us come to you.
What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
These accidents can happen in a number of ways and be caused by either the pedestrian or the driver.
Pedestrians have the right of way at crosswalks, but may cause accidents by:
- Leaving the curb
- Running or walking in front of a vehicle
- Or crossing the road suddenly in an area without a crosswalk
In most other situations, motorists are the cause of pedestrian accidents.
Drivers cause pedestrian accidents by:
- Turning at an intersection without stopping
- Driving above the speed limit in residential areas
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Being distracted by a phone or device
- Failing to come to a complete stop at a light or stop sign
- Inattentive driving
Pedestrians have the same right to use the roads and streets as motorists. In Colorado, as in most states, drivers have a duty to exercise care and yield to pedestrians at the crosswalk and when walking on or crossing roadways. If drivers are negligent, careless, or reckless and cause an accident, the pedestrian may file a lawsuit to seek compensation for injuries sustained in an accident.
What To Do After a Pedestrian Accident
The first thing you should do after a pedestrian accident is to get the medical treatment you need. If you don’t have insurance, our attorneys have relationships with respected doctors and medical specialists, so you can get the medical care you need with no upfront costs.
At the time of the accident, it is helpful to gather information such as:
- Witnesses to the accident, including their names and phone numbers
- Information about the responsible party and his or her insurance
- Information about the accident, including photos of the scene
- Your injuries
After you are out of immediate danger and your injuries have been treated, you may want consult with an experienced pedestrian injury attorney to discuss your case.
What Compensation Is Available in a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit?
Our Littleton pedestrian accident attorneys help our clients recover compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing medical care
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Wage losses
- Future loss of wages or earning capacity
- And other economic and non-economic damages
What To Do After a Hit and Run Pedestrian Accident
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a hit and run accident, you should follow the above steps including:
- Receiving medical attention
- Documenting information from the accident scene
- Giving the police any information you or witnesses have regarding the accident
Although it may seem hopeless trying to pursue compensation after the guilty party has fled the scene, it's still very important that you reach out to a pedestrian injury lawyer immediately. The police will do their best to track down the driver, so it's important that you are prepared to pursue legal action as soon as they are found.
Can a Pedestrian Be at Fault in a Car/Pedestrian Accident?
Despite the fact that vehicles are required to yield to pedestrians, a pedestrian may be at partial or full fault for an accident. The reason for this being that pedestrians are responsible to follow laws pertaining to traffic patterns if they are transporting by foot.
Examples of situations where pedestrians have been held at fault include:
- Pedestrians crossing the street when a traffic sign instructs otherwise
- Pedestrians crossing the road without using a crosswalk (commonly referred to as jaywalking)
- Pedestrians entering into zones that are clearly not meant for walking
Why Choose Curtis | Walton Law for Your Pedestrian Accident Case?
At Curtis | Walton Law, we understand the devastating impact that a pedestrian accident can have on your life. Our experienced team of pedestrian accident lawyers is dedicated to helping injured pedestrians in Littleton, Englewood, and surrounding areas seek the compensation they deserve.
Here are a few reasons why you should choose us to handle your pedestrian accident case:
- Expertise: Our attorneys specialize in personal injury law, with a focus on pedestrian accidents. We have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations that apply to these cases and know how to build a strong legal strategy.
- Compassion: We treat each client with compassion and empathy, understanding the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a pedestrian accident can take. We are committed to providing personalized attention and support throughout the legal process.
- Proven Track Record: Our firm has a successful track record of securing substantial compensation for our clients in pedestrian accident cases. We have the skills and resources necessary to fight for your rights and maximize your recovery.
- Client Satisfaction: We prioritize client satisfaction and strive to exceed expectations. Our team is readily available to answer your questions, provide updates on your case, and address any concerns you may have.
When you choose Curtis | Walton Law, you can trust that you are in capable hands. We will work tirelessly to pursue the compensation you deserve and help you move forward with your life after a pedestrian accident.
Act Now to Protect Your Right to Seek Compensation
Colorado has a three-year statute of limitations for motor vehicle accident claims, so you must file a lawsuit within this time period. However, it is best to contact a Colorado pedestrian injury lawyer much sooner. The sooner you get in touch with us, the more we can help.
In addition to standing up for you against the insurance company, contacting us early in the process allows us to preserve evidence and interview witnesses while memories are still fresh. Our consultations are offered free of charge, so there is no risk in getting the advice you need.
Contact our pedestrian accident law firm online today or at (720) 815-4402 for a free consultation in our office, over the telephone, or we can come to you.
I cannot say enough good about my experience with Curtis/Walton Law. No one ever needs a lawyer when things are good, so when we are not at our best, this law firm is. I highly recommend Danielle Curtis.- Sonja N.
Danielle helped us quickly solve our matter.- Alex
Ms. Curtis is willing to fight for whatever her clients deserve and is creative in her approach to cases.- Junior P.
My current lawyer is Danielle Curtis. She is a wonderful person who cares about you as a person. She has constantly called and checked in and given me updates on my case She cares about you as a person. She is a hard working individual that I highly recomm- Greg H.
I have had a few close calls and its always nice to know I have someone ready to fight for me even if I can't.- Ben U.
Attorney Curtis is very professional and her response time was expeditious.- Art N.
Danielle you rule, you never give up!- Greg H.
$125,000 Skateboarding Accident
Our client was hit by a car while skateboarding.